Friday, April 10, 2015

Today after class I went to get a quick bite then went home to go over all the pieces I had left over from the trunk show in Tuscaloosa. First I had to double check to make sure that my inventory list and what I actually had checked out. A lot of times when there are several people purchasing necklaces at the same time I forget to mark off what sold on the inventory list so it isn't always accurate. In that case I have calculate the amount of money I made that day vs. what I have on the inventory list and if I made more than I listed and am missing necklaces than that means I just forgot to mark off that someone bought it. The very first trunk show I did I had my mom and sister helping me check out but they both thought it was difficult and don't offer to help in that way anymore (and I don't blame then) so from now on it is just me checking people out and I often make mistakes. Luckily no mistakes that have been a big issue, just tedious for me to check later. So after I made sure the inventory list was correct, I had to think about what necklaces I needed for the upcoming trunk show. The main difference between the Tuscaloosa trunk show and the Atlanta trunk show will be the type of people that will come. Typically the Atlanta shows have a lot of kids my age as well as parents, the type of people that the Tuscaloosa show was lacking. I created a list of the short beaded necklaces that sold at the Tuscaloosa show that I need to make more of (they are the most popular at Atlanta shows with kids my age.) Not many of the long knotted necklaces sold so I won't have to make too many of those, which is good because they take a while to make (they are semi-precious stones on silk with knots in between each bead and a pendant.) Those necklaces most likely didn't sell because they usually range $75 to $115. In addition bracelets, which I don't usually make, are easy to sell at the Atlanta shows because they aren't very expensive. Finally, I have to plan to make several pave diamond pieces. The pave diamond (meaning crushed diamonds) necklaces are big for the parents and are relatively expensive so I didn't make any for the first show.

No comments:

Post a Comment