Monday, April 20, 2015

After organizing all of the necklaces that needed to be made this week I realized I was missing a few materials. What I mean when I say this is, I typically don't buy enough clasp for the amount of necklaces I plan to make, or I realize I don't have enough long necklaces so I need to go get some material to make some more. I went to the beads store to pick up the missing materials but my business checking and savings account were running low so I had to take a loan from the bank of Mom. I have had to do this several times before shows because in order to make money you have to spend money, and lots of it. I keep all the receipts and then tally up how much I owe her in the end. Taking out this "loan" creates a big problem though, I now HAVE to make at least the amount of money I spent of hers. Of course I would like to make a profit but it doesn't always work like that at shows. So the issue is that I know have a minimum that I have to meet. A lot of times at shows I make too many necklaces or just don't sell enough and end up with only a small profit and a lot left over. I eventually sell the left over pieces so in the end I have a greater profit but not that day. I plan to put anything that doesn't sell from the show on Saturday up on my new website. Speaking of, I worked more on the website after going to the bead store. Then after that I made some jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment