Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I finally collected all my supplies today when I went to the bead store, except I use the word all loosely because there has yet to be a trunk show yet where I haven't forgotten or needed more of some material the day before. After getting all the new materials I sat down and made jewelry for about an hour and a half. I do a lot of organizing the materials before I actually begin making them. For the short beaded chain necklaces, the most popular typically, I cut 16" from the spool, another 1" and a half, get a clasp and choose the pendant then put all of the pieces in a small plastic bag. I usually make around 50 of these short beaded chain necklaces so this takes some time. In this hour and a half I was messing around with some new materials I had gotten and was trying to make a replica, or look alike of a necklaces I had seen online. It may sound weird but a lot of my time is spent online shopping or looking at pinterest because I always need to know what the popular style is. I began to work on my website later that day (finally.) I found what website I thought would work best with the type of site I wanted to make, and landed with wix.com, which is convenient because I have worked on wix before. I spent about 4 hours creating a template and buying a domain name and upgrading my wix account to an eCommerce site. So far I am pleased with how the website is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment