Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I finally met David. David is Laura Pearce's jewelry designer and maker. David designs pieces and welds them himself. I sat with him for about 2 hours and learned all about how he became a jewelry designer and the process of actually making the pieces. I got to look at his designs and he showed me pictures of the step by step process to make custom designed diamond earrings.I will talk more about everything he told me in my defense & presentation. I really enjoyed talking to David and learning what he does everyday. It was so interesting how similar his process was compared to mine. He had several sketches of rings or necklaces he planned to make that looked just like the ones I make (but obviously a lot more legitimate and expensive.) I did decided that I definitely want to look into welding classes because I think that might be the next step for my jewelry. After going to Laura Pearce I made some jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment